Hi All,

I made a live USB installation using the kali-linux-2016.1-amd64.iso using the Pendrivelinux Universal USB Installer, following it up using the Minitool Partition Wizard Free (to add persistence), then as per the instructions here:

http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how...ional-0162253/

I ran fdisk -l , made a directory on the file system, mounted the partition on the directory, added the .conf file to enable persistence, unmounted and rebooted, selected live usb with persistence from the splash screen -

I followed the instructions to the letter (yes, my target partition was also /dev/sdc2 as per the demo)

Kali performs wonderfully, yet after making several changes to Iceweasel, getting Burp to cough up it's CA and install it in the browser, doing a bit of testing - all went well except that upon reboot (always in persistence mode), there was no evidence of any persistence.

I booted the USB on a windows desktop and a Dell laptop - both booted and ran fine but no persistence.

Here's a couple of screenshots that may shed some light on the situation:

conf_location.jpg

volume_properties.jpg

If I have neglected to provide any pertinent info regarding this situation, I apologize and will provide it if asked.

Thanks in advance!