so i tried installing kali linux on 2 different laptop , using VMware and VirtualBox , still no luck , when i type iwconfig it says : [ lo : no wireless extension , eth0 : no wireless connection ] but i am connected !(with wireless)

in all of them , there is no wlan0 when i type ifconfig, only eth0 and lo , even tho i am connected to the internet using kali linux
and also there is no interface in airmon-ng

i tried installing wireless compat
, after installing it i did get wlan0 and wlan1 in the ifconfig, but they seemed like some fake thing , considering i couldnt find any wireless around using airmon-ng , it almost felt like all this wireless compat did was give me some fake names in ifconfigbut nothing real

i also tried my laptop's own wireless chipset and also tried tplink 722N as some people suggested , non of which helped and i still cannot use airmon-ng

tried using bridge instead of NAT , still no luck , tried adding my wireless adapter (722N) in the USB section of virtualbox too and still didnt work

i have to say that i am connected to the internet using my laptop's wireless even when using kali , but i cannot see any wlan0 or interface , its almost like i have no wireless connection but i'm somehow connected to the internet

help please