Thread: Increase Txpower on Kali Linux 2.0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry for the kick, but I ran into an error posted in this topic and solved it

Quote Originally Posted by zeta1 View Post
    i got down to the step where im in the downloaded CRDA directory and when i make the "make" command i get an error message country 00 invalid
    Quote Originally Posted by brunoaduarte View Post
    Same here... "country 00 invalid" with "crda-3.18.tar.xz" and "wireless-regdb-2015.10.22.tar.xz"

I fixed it by using the same version from tutorials, try to download "crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2" and "wireless-regdb-2013.10.11.tar.bz2" instead.
    Earlier this evening I ran into that error as well, but in Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS. The error was confusing because even with an unmodified db.txt I got that error.

Turns out that error doesn't mean what it says. That error actually means it couldn't find regulatory.bin.

Please check where the regulatory.bin is being placed by the Makefile script from wireless-regdb and then check if crda's Makefile-script is looking in the right place.
    In my case the regulatory.bin was being placed in /usr/lib/crda/ while crda was looking in /lib/crda/.

If the locations don't match, either edit wireless-regdb's or crda's Makefile-script. In the wireless-regdb Makefile-script, lines 2 and 3 are relevant:
    Code:
    PREFIX ?= /usr
    CRDA_PATH ?= $(PREFIX)/lib/crda
    In crda's Makefile-script lines 3, 6 (and in my case 25 too) are relevant:
    Code:
    REG_BIN?=/usr/lib/crda/regulatory.bin
    PREFIX ?= /usr/
    PUBKEY_DIR?=pubkeys
    With the lines above, the locations are the same. But if you changed either one of them, or one of the two already contains a different default location, you need to make sure the other script gets changed as well.
    Last edited by bartgrefte; 2016-05-02 at 09:07.