Thread: Kali Linux Live USB install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have downloaded Kali 1.0.2 via the website and installed it on a multiboot usb. Kali boots up and runs fine; however, contrary to what appears in the various How-Tos, the grub boot menu does not present me with the option to Install (either in Graphical or Text mode); all I have are various "Live" options.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfalc View Post
    I have downloaded Kali 1.0.2 via the website and installed it on a multiboot usb. Kali boots up and runs fine; however, contrary to what appears in the various How-Tos, the grub boot menu does not present me with the option to Install (either in Graphical or Text mode); all I have are various "Live" options.

Any advice?
    I have downloaded Kali 1.0.3 and see exactly the same thing, viz., that the Kali Splash screen presents me only with the options to do Live boots (three choices, I believe, regular, Forensic and Persistent). I am not presented with any "Install" options.

As I mentioned before, I am using a multiboot usb stick (prepared with YUMI), and when I choose any of the "Live" options, Kali boots fine. I just can't seem to install it.

I would appreciate any insight.

i haven't find yet any multiboot usb creating software that supports the "install" menu for kali. i think best option is tha win32disk software the one i test and works