Thread: Kali Linux Live USB install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i have a problem booting from usb

i've downloaded amd64 kali linux and used the provided ls-creator then tried to boot ...after choosing usb key from boot menu instead it boots from the hdd (starting windows )
    then i put default boot from usb tried again but nothing changed ( my current windows is a 64 bit and have a good rig ...an msi mobo z87...f that matter ) ....but then i took that usb stick and pluged it to another desktop (running 32 bit windows 7) and boot from usb WORKS smoothly so obviously the prob is in my computer but i dont know what the **** it is
    i used my computer (64 bit) to download and create the usb
    any help???ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by mastrock View Post
    i have a problem booting from usb

i've downloaded amd64 kali linux and used the provided ls-creator then tried to boot ...after choosing usb key from boot menu instead it boots from the hdd (starting windows )
    then i put default boot from usb tried again but nothing changed ( my current windows is a 64 bit and have a good rig ...an msi mobo z87...f that matter ) ....but then i took that usb stick and pluged it to another desktop (running 32 bit windows 7) and boot from usb WORKS smoothly so obviously the prob is in my computer but i dont know what the **** it is
    i used my computer (64 bit) to download and create the usb
    any help???ideas??

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.