Thread: MDK3 Secret Destruction Mode

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    I am trying to reboot a netgear CG3101D aka VM Superhub using the commands from the 1st page without any success regardless of how many clients are connected.

All I get is AP seems to be invulnerable - in airodump it shows only 5 clients are connected and the power fluctuates between 50 and 58.

I have tried cracking this with wifite, reaver and bully without any success unless I specify the pin in either reaver or bully so I assumed it was locking up without reporting it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Rab.
    Have you added the -m switch to mdk3 a? So

Code:
    Mdk3 mon0 a -a 00:11:22:33:44:45 -m
    That will use real Mac addresses instead of just 00:00:00:00:00:00.

And I assume you're running all 4 commands... Correct?

Also, what security type is the router using?

Quote Originally Posted by soxrok2212 View Post
    Have you added the -m switch to mdk3 a? So

That will use real Mac addresses instead of just 00:00:00:00:00:00.

And I assume you're running all 4 commands... Correct?

Also, what security type is the router using?
    Originally, I tried this without the -m switch but when it appeared I wasn't having any luck I changed it to include the switch.

Yes you are correct I am using all 4 commands and the router is set to wpa auto for the security and in airodump it is reported as
    WPA2 CCMP PSK.
    Reaver and bully just seem to bypass the pin (1st 4 digits) as if the router is reporting it as wrong when the opposite is correct hence my theory
    that the router is locking up without reporting it.
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 2014-01-10 at 06:10. Reason: Security Update

I've had a Netgear router that doesn't report lockouts, but it still blocks WPS connections. If you can log into the routers webpage, 192.168.1.1 go under advanced setup, and then wireless settings, and scroll down to see if it says something like "Lock WPS after X failed attempts. If it says that its locked in the admin webpage but not in wash, it really is lock but the router just doesn't report it in its beacon frames. It could be that the router blacklists your mac address after a certain amount of pin requests, though it is HIGHLY unlikely. Try spoofing your mac address after a failed attempt and if this works, I can direct you to a program that automates this process. Good luck and I hope I made sense!

Quote Originally Posted by soxrok2212 View Post
    I've had a Netgear router that doesn't report lockouts, but it still blocks WPS connections. If you can log into the routers webpage, 192.168.1.1 go under advanced setup, and then wireless settings, and scroll down to see if it says something like "Lock WPS after X failed attempts. If it says that its locked in the admin webpage but not in wash, it really is lock but the router just doesn't report it in its beacon frames. It could be that the router blacklists your mac address after a certain amount of pin requests, though it is HIGHLY unlikely. Try spoofing your mac address after a failed attempt and if this works, I can direct you to a program that automates this process. Good luck and I hope I made sense!
    Have recently downgraded the firmware on this particular device - will upgrade it, hopefully today, and will let you know my findings.

Rab.