Thread: (Guide) Dual boot Windows and Encrypted Kali 1.08 LVM Install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the great guide! Do you know if there's a way to set it up so grub is separated from the Windows Boot Manager?
    Last edited by Rarity; 2014-08-04 at 06:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    Thanks for the great guide! Do you know if there's a way to set it up so grub is separated from the Windows Boot Manager?
    Sorry, that's not something I know how (or have ever looked at) doing. I could see it getting annoying having to boot windows, select Linux and then boot from the grub menu anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by staticn0de View Post
    Sorry, that's not something I know how (or have ever looked at) doing. I could see it getting annoying having to boot windows, select Linux and then boot from the grub menu anyway.
    Ah, I just took a look at your name and realized who it was!

Thanks for you contributions to this forum. Regarding the nVidia thread, I'll try to reply to that sometime tomorrow -- I completely botched my Kali setup and haven't re-installed it yet.

Regarding what we're talking about now, I previously used this thread to install version 1.0.7 using EFI:
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...all-Kali-Linux

The way it was set up allowed me to have Kali Linux as its own boot option in BIOS.

Thanks again for your guide, finally got it working.

Here's the end result

Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    Thanks again for your guide, finally got it working.

Here's the end result

Hi Rarity,

Edit: Never-mind, I remembered that you wanted it separate from windows boot manager!

Good work, if you get a chance, would you post how you did it for others in the same boat?
    Last edited by staticn0de; 2014-08-19 at 09:36.

Hi Rarity,

Edit: Never-mind, I remembered that you wanted it separate from windows boot manager!

Good work, if you get a chance, would you post how you did it for others in the same boat?
    I'm actually a bit embaressed by how long it took me to figure it out haha, but all you have to do is make sure you create a 256 MB EFI Boot Partition before creating the 256 MB /boot partition!