Thread: Yamas : a mitm sniffing script for lan.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey!

Just found out about Yamas, dying to get it working!
    I'm using kali linux and as soon as I found out that I got my passwords with normal http sites with wireshark I knew that sniffing worked.
    I started yamas (with arpspoof) and got no results (arpspoof screen was blank), so after some googling I found out that this is because of kali blabla, so since then I used the -e parameter

Now I try to work with ettercap and sslstrip but both do not seem to be working .
    The sites which I could sniff my own login with wireshark didn't popup in the password screen, so that meant ettercap isn't working right? I uncommented the lines in the etter.conf files on the iptables, but still no result.
    Also, the sites I load stay an https link, so I guess the sslstrip isn't working either.

I boot up yamas normally with "yamas -e" and it tells me everything is fine after using the default values, does anyone have any clue what is happening? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I did some research on what happens behind the curtains when I use ettercap. Ettercap seems to succeed into arp-spoofing, I see all the packets going out where ettercap identifies my MAC adress with the victims ip's. Now, the problem is that no packets are being forwarded. When I type in a url I see DNS querys flying through the air but there never is a response, also when I type in ip's into my url-bar the sites don't load as well. That sounds to me as if the packets are not being forwarded, does anyone have anything to say about this? :O

Ciao!
    Last edited by Killya; 2013-06-21 at 15:38.

I tried this today for the first time, on kali linux, arpspoof doesnt work, after some googling i came by this thread and tried yamas -e.

Im running kali in a virtual machine, i can grab credentials from the host PC, however if i try a different PC on the network, nothing happens? (if i scan the network the IP is listed)

Any ideas whats going wrong?