Thread: UEFI: How to repair kali-linux grub dual boot with Windows 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    _defalt - here's what I found/did, still boots without any loader appearing (goes straight to Windows) and I'm not sure where I screwed up;-)
    Add new Boot Option>next screen I have "Add boot option" "Path for boot option" "Boot option File Path" and "Create". I hit "Add boot option" the next screen is "Select a File System" with only one option PCI(13|0)\DevicePath(Type 3, SubType 12)HD(Part2,Sig775a3156-463a-f42d-b73f-25363fdda3d9)..... I select that>I next see "Select a File to Boot" with options "<xx>" "<Microsoft>" "<Boot>" and "<ASUS>". If I select "<..>" the next screen is again "Select a File to Boot" with choices "<EFI>" and "<System Volume Information>" if I select *<EFI>" it takes me back to the previous "Select A File to Boot" so I next tried "<Boot>" and the screen after that also said "Select a File to Boot" but the choices were "<..>" and "bootx64.efi" so I selected "bootx64.exe". At this point I had my Boot option File Path populated with "EFI\Boot\bootx64.efi". I hit save F10 as I found if I hit Create it just prompts me to enter the File Path which I already did. I saved and exited out of CMOS but as reported above I still don't see the loader screen and the laptop just boots to Windows. Perhaps there is a path I need to specify after I hit Create rather than browsing to the bootx64.efi?
    Attached Images Attached Images