Thread: Dual Booting Kali Linux with Windows 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello

I have an external HDD and what I want to do is installing Kali Linux in this external HDD but no placing Grub on my principal drive "C:" (it has Windows).
    I don't want to see Grub splash asking me every single time if I want to load Windows or Linux, I want my PC turn on or restart and go directly to Windows but if I set as primary boot my external drive, I select the external HDD where do I have Kali Linux and I'll run Kali Linux.

I have installed Kali Linux with Grub option, and I just remove it (with fixmbr utility of Windows), so I'm going to reinstall Kali Linux in my external HDD... Is there any option during installation that allows me to do what I want? Can I install Grub only my external HDD?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lokomega View Post
    Hello

I have an external HDD and what I want to do is installing Kali Linux in this external HDD but no placing Grub on my principal drive "C:" (it has Windows).
    I don't want to see Grub splash asking me every single time if I want to load Windows or Linux, I want my PC turn on or restart and go directly to Windows but if I set as primary boot my external drive, I select the external HDD where do I have Kali Linux and I'll run Kali Linux.

I have installed Kali Linux with Grub option, and I just remove it (with fixmbr utility of Windows), so I'm going to reinstall Kali Linux in my external HDD... Is there any option during installation that allows me to do what I want? Can I install Grub only my external HDD?

Thanks!
    Solved reinstalling Kali Linux and during the process of grub installation, set the install to 'dev/sdb1'