Hey guys,

This website didn't help my frustration as it just lost my first post here and now I have to retype this.

I am trying to install Kali as a second OS on my computer. It came preinstalled with Windows 8, which is now Windows 8.1.
I have erased and installed Kali 3 times on my computer. It goes through the whole process (installing from USB to a partition of my hard drive), I install Grub, and then it reboots telling me to remove the USB. I follow the directions and it just reboots to windows. No grub menu.

To combat this I tried to Google it and have read every forum post and tutorial under the sun, but I haven't found a single solution. I tried fixing the MBR, and even using some program called Easy BCD.

Surely this program shouldn't be this hard to setup.

I did get a Windows Boot Manager window to show, and it shows Kali Linux (my custom title) as a name (It's from the Easy BCD application), but when I select Kali it says windows failed to boot.

Probably the most frustration I've ever had on my computer. I cannot understand why it won't work. I'm praying one of you guys/girls does.

Thanks

- Zach