Quote Originally Posted by Swblk View Post
I would like to ask, if there is any reccomended way how to remove old OS (backtrack) from dual boot?

I have been searching on internet, but I found several guides with different ways how to do it, and im not sure which one should i use.
Hello Swblk

I can help you out on this and I can answer a few of the other questions here as well. When I started my Kali install on my dual booted machine I was surprised that my disc would not boot under GRUB; There must be some way but at this point I do not know. I did a work-around by booting into windows & erasing the BT5 r3 partitions. I did not format for obvious reasons; NTFS vs. EXT4 journaling. When that was completed the machine would not boot because the MBR was trashed so I booted my window 7 pro CD. (which booted fine.) I selected repair & then advanced options. In that screen I selected the DOS prompt & issued a bootrec /fixmbr & a bootrec /fixboot command and rebooted. Windows was back as usual. Be careful with letting the machine do an auto repair. I made that mistake today, forced the machine down, & had a helluva time getting the win 7 DVD to boot. The Kali disc wouldn't either at that point. OOF-DAH, don't do that IMO. I have a work-around for that too but I'm not going to get into it. After you do this work-around the Kali DVD will boot & and you can have at it.

As for wireless if you noticed in the prompts during networking you could select it. I used my normal ethernet myself but I'm pretty sure you could configurate the net adaptors at that point & use them; just watch for it. I cannot stress it enough to READ everything and not click away until you understand perfectly how Kali installs.

3rd question. Stop & read everything. Yes you were prompted to input a root password. maybe you clicked past it without inputting anything (if that's possible, I don't know.) Maybe it is NULL?

GL & HF I am.

daed